Cloud bookkeeping means I work from my own office using accounting software that is accessible via “the cloud”. Advantages of cloud bookkeeping are:
- You don’t need a designated office space or computer for me at your place of work.
- The hours I work are when I’m at my most productive
- You have access to me 5 days a week, rather than only when I’m in your office
- You can access your accounting information whenever and wherever you are, as long as you have access to the internet
- Your files are automatically backed-up
- It is very secure
- The software is updated automatically
- The automatic bank feeds will save me time and you money
The main concern expressed by business owners regarding cloud-based bookkeeping is security. While the internet in itself is not a secure environment, the companies that provide cloud-based financial services use security measures that far surpass the level of security a small business might have in place for their network or computer. So in fact, you might say your data is safer in the cloud. Cloud-bookkeeping software providers are acutely aware that their reputation is on the line when it comes to providing a secure service.